Animator Uses QR Codes in Cartoon to Promote His Animations
I am always amazed at the creative uses that are becoming available with interactive media tools. This animator has combined an animation and included QR codes (of his other popular animations of course, I tested the codes with my mobile phone barcode scanner app) to promote his brand on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Goanimate is a website that allows users to make and design animated cartoons and animations available as a free or paid service. With an innovative idea, almost anyone can make an animation, a process that used to be extremely lengthy and time consuming and often required sophisticated animation software. They have a variety of commercial licenses available at different prices and you can go to their website for additional information.
The basic license however costs for $149.00 at this writing, covers the following:
- Covers animations shorter than 1 minute in duration (Additional US$75 per extra minute)
- Provides rights to use the animation anywhere on the web using their embed player with GoAnimate watermark and up to 10,000 views per animation per month
- Includes a high-definition MPEG4 version of your animation without the GoAnimate watermark
- Allows you to use any GoAnimate original characters in addition to your own custom characters
- Does not allow you to include licensed characters (e.g. Star Trek, Street Fighter, … )
These sophisticated tools made available to the public are becoming new ways that small business marketers can use to promote their brand or their service. Of course, I would investigate the legalities of your idea (and as a caveat I would display where the QR codes are leading too), before going forward. However, the point I am trying to make, is to showcase how new technology tools, motion graphics and smart marketing can be combined to change the small business marketing landscape and create innovative ways to promote your products or website.